Soule et al v. CT Association of Schools et al
What's at Stake
The ACLU has joined a lawsuit defending the interests of trans student athletes in Connecticut.
The lawsuit has been filed against the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, multiple school boards, and Andraya Yearwood and Terry Miller, two transgender student athletes.
Order Granting Motion to Dismiss
DOJ Withdrawal Letter
Defendants' Motion to Dismiss
Order Denying Recusal Request
Plaintiffs' Motion to Disqualify
Trump Admin Statement of Interest
Motion to Intervene
Intervenors Opposition to Expedited Briefing Schedule
Motion for Preliminary Injunction
Memorandum in Support of PI Motion
Amicus Briefs in Support of Defendants-Appellees
155 Athletes in Women's Sports, National Basketball Players Association, Women's Sports Foundation, et al.
- interACT Advocates for Intersex Youth
- American Academy of Pediatrics, American Medical Association, American Women's Association, et al.
- National Women's Law Center and 34 Additional Civil Rights and Other Organizations
- 155 Athletes in Women's Sports, National Basketball Players Association, Women's Sports Foundation, et al.
- The Trevor Project, INC.
- Teammates, Coaches and Allies of Transgender Athletes
- Amici States
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- 42 Legal Ethics Scholars
- GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders, The National Center For Transgender Equality, and The National Center For Lesbian Rights
- Connecticut Transadvocacy Coalition and PFLAG Hartford
Date Filed: 10/14/2021
Court: Appeals Court (2d Cir.)GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders, The National Center For Transgender Equality, and The National Center For Lesbian Rights
Date Filed: 10/26/2021
Court: Appeals Court (2d Cir.)
Brief of Defendants Appellees
Reply Brief of Appellants
Brief of Intervenor Defendants Appellees
Opening Brief of Appellants